Monday, April 16, 2007

Class Evaluations

So I finally got my class evals back from last quarter and WOW - talk about an ego boost.

Here are some of the comments:

1. He is funny and to the point. Teaches Very Clearly.
2. This instructor is one of the best that I have ever had. He is such a smart, witty, and interesting instructor. I've had this course at another college and it is like night and day. He actually teaches the material and involves the class to participate. I will be sad when this is over because it is one of the best courses I've had.
3. He kept my attention.
4. He can make a 101 a little interesting
5. Relates topics well.
6. Knows his stuff.
7. He is very good at putting the subject matter in terms we understand.
8. He keeps the lecture interesting.
9. Good sense of humor teaches very well.
10. He is very interesting to listen to.

So now I'm doing my happy dance - while sick. :)

The only area for me to improve in was that I need to slow down how fast I speak, but that's always been an area to work on.

2 comments:

Emeleth said...

No, dear, they need to speed up how fast the think to keep up with you. ;) Great evals! But then, you are in teacher mode every moment of your life, in ordinary conversations. No wonder it comes so naturally to you. *heh*

Barbara Fisher said...

Woohoo! That is just too wonderful for words, Tom. Not that I am surprised--you are witty, bright and articulate. And funny. And you take teaching seriously, and when you take something seriously, you excel at it.

Of course, you also like to excel at everything you do, too. So, there is that.

You are just all-around wonderful.

Emeleth--I lost your email, so I never responded to you. I'm sorry. The pics of Tom making bread were great. Does this chef's heart good to see her little brother making bread....