Thursday, July 19, 2007

My favorite Perch

After 2 p.m.

I'm out in front of Hattie's for my weekly indulgence and they're still closing around 2 p.m. I hope they don't take their front tables in when they close as that's where I'm currently perched. Thunderclouds are rumbling in the distance and the weather's turning from hot and muggy to breezy, hot and muggy. I guess that Hattie's was doing badly with their business plan and so they've decided to cut their hours back to only open from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. Once they get a gelato machine installed to serve Italian ice cream, then they will re-open in the evening from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. to handle an evening crowd. I was hoping that they wouldn't have done so badly as to curtail their hours. It's a real treat to be able to hit the coffee house in my area of town and just get some thinking, working, writing done.

One of these days I'll have to grab a shot of the place so everyone else can see it.

The skies of darkened considerably and the wind has kicked up a notch. I think we're going to get a nice storm. But, of course, I'll be caught out in it and my car will leak and it will generally be annoying. I need a new (read as: different, a car that is not like the one that I have now, one that does not leak in heavy rains.).

And here comes the rain.

Oh look, a student. Gotta go.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Speaking of cars, I believe that the perfect Monk-Mobile is a black Mazda CX-7. Fuel economical, plenty of storage area without the safety issues of a full bore SUV.

But in the ideal world... '78 Plymouth Hemi-Cuda... why? I honestly don't know.

By the way, I lost your number, would you mind giving me a call sometime you got a minute? my number is...

(obfuscated to prevent some random bot getting my number)

Roku Zéro Seis Sechs Ein Go Dva Ocho Trois Pyat'

In case you're sleepy or without caffeine, it's Japanese, Russian, Spanish, German and of course your favorite French.

Heath said...

I wish I had friends that spoke five languages ... Oh, wait, I do ...