Monday, July 9, 2007

Future site of a nice deck

Well, as with many things in my life, one creation leads to another.

Here's a shot of the car port when I stopped painting the other day. The parched dirt 'floor' of the car port isn't a bad thing just doesn't look like much to me.

When I was spending some time out under it while working on painting or running electrical work - I realized that I enjoyed the artificial shade.

One of my friends had mentioned the idea of building a deck as a floor and wrapping the car port in screen to turn the whole thing into a nice back porch. The idea really, really appealed to me. The problem - where to put the car?

I'll either have to build onto the car port to create a section in the driveway or to just buy one of those aluminum sheds that I can anchor down. I'll have to see how much they cost because the idea of the screened porch where I could grill and hang out just sounds too cool.

-T

No comments: