Sunday, July 15, 2007

A bit of a detour...


Around 9:30 a.m.

Well, guess where I am? Last night, Jim and I were going to head up to Huntington to watch Harry Potter and grab some food. Well, while driving through New Boston the idea struck us to go kidnap Heath who is all by himself up in Columbus; April and the kids are down in Kentucky for the week. After a quick phone call to confirm the plan, Jim and I grabbed clothes and we drove up to invade Easton mall.

O.M.G. It's not a mall, it's a small community of capitalism. I love it. We saw the Order of the Phoenix and had dinner at Panera. Afterwards we ended up crashing at Heaths and talked until around four or five in the morning. It was definitely something different than just driving up to Huntington.

Who knows what we'll get into today.

***

Later, around 11:30 p.m.

Today was very cool. Jim and I crawled around Columbus for most of the day - I didn't get home until around ten o'clock. We ended up back at Easton and we started at one end and walked its four corners. I hate being poor. I need to go back up with about 100 dollars to blow and then I'd be quite happy. I had to walk by Barnes and Noble six times with less than 20 dollars in my wallet - oh, the agony.

Jim grabbed some cologne at Abercrombie and Fitch (awesome place) and we ducked into dozens of shops selling everything from electronic gadgets to a shop, Eddie Bauer, where I saw a possible new bag.

Leave it alone.

One of my Quests is for a perfect Field Bag.

Eventually we ended up at an awesome sea food restaurant (McCormick & Schmick's) and then meandered our way back home.

When I got into the house, I could smell the unmistakable odor of decay. The kitten's body was decomposing somewhere in one of the rooms. I ditched my bags and grabbed the flash light and began searching behind and around things once more. This time I found it in one of the few places I had never entertained as an idea - behind the entertainment center.

It was so exposed and 'open' that it didn't seem like a place she would have chosen. All of the other places were under something with a real 'roof' to it; my bed, both couches, etc. The kitten's head was at an odd angle so I can only guess that when she tried to move it from the basket to somewhere else - she either snapped its neck or perhaps it suffocated. Unfortunate but now, at least, the matter has been resolved.

I'm out on the front couch and watching the tv a little while I write this up. I think I'm going to crash soon.

Night

-T.


Photo link

1 comment:

Barbara Fisher said...

Oh, Tom--I am sorry about the kitten.

That is so sad. Poor little thing--and poor mamma cat, too.