Saturday, May 5, 2007

Cinco de Mayo

Cinqo de Mayo

9:00 a.m.
Oddly enough, I'm not the first one awake this morning. I slept in until 8:30. I have no idea why my brain didn't get me up - perhaps a lack of sleep for the past few days had something to do with it.

Morganna is already off and experiencing the ritual of the SAT's and Zak and Barb are upstairs getting ready. I think that Kat may be gifting them with a 'present' this morning; all I hear is Zak repeating "Oh My God" over and over again. Doesn't sound too promising.

Barb and I are going to head out around 10:30 so we can pick up the cakes for the reception from the bakery; which won't have them ready until around then. Since I'm going to be in the wedding, I'm going to see if I can find someone to take pictures of the thing with my camera - I want something for my blog.

I'll have pictures of the before and after, but you get the idea.

Click here to go to the pics I've put up on Flickr

9:25 p.m.

Well, the wedding has been over for a few years. Barb, Dan, Heather and myself are watching one of the Planet Earth dvd's. Very cool. The wedding was cool; Barb and I helped with the reception to get things handled so that Bryian and Judi could sit back and relax. Well, not really sit back - they were up and moving around the room to visit the various tables.

The end of the rehearsal was much as I suspected. Though Judi's joke about the bouquet was about as successful as a wardrobe malfunction during the superbowl, I'm sure it was well-intended. However, the garter was practically put in my hand; I'm the last of the friends to be married.

Not going to happen.

When we got back from the reception, I grabbed a change of clothes and started work on my Psych test on Monday. Morganna, my 16 year-old god-neice, was preparing to go to her Junior Prom. She's wearing a nice dress with great big, buckle-clad, animae boots and black, lacey-fairy wings to complete the Punk Fairy Chic' look.

I still can't fathom that little Morganna, the Frog Hunter, is going to Prom. Sometimes I feel old. Sometimes I feel older.

It is so nice to be up here on a weekend. It's really nice to hang out my friends; it's even nice to watch Barb and Zak play the tickle game with Kat. Not that I would ever want my own kids, but I can appreciate them enjoying the experience of playing with their new daughter.

2 comments:

Judith/Finnseach said...

I'm sorry about the failed attempt at humor, Tom. Really,the only thing in mind was to send some good luck your way in hopes that you could find someone that would make you as happy as Bryian has made me.

I did not intend to make you feel uncomfortable.

Emeleth said...

It's a sick and twisted conspiracy and they are all really plotting against you. ;)