Saturday, May 17, 2008

Denison-Trip

I'm sitting in a very nice coffee house in Granville, Ohio near Denison University. Jim and I drove up at o'dark-thirty this morning for a meeting.

The coffee house is not what one would imagine as being a traditional caffeine den as it's built within a beautiful house on a road near the river. Aptly named, it is called the River Road Coffee House.

Within five minutes of stepping through the doors I am immediately filled with sense of both longing and disappointment. I would love for Portsmouth to have such a coffee house near campus - but I don't think it will happen for several more years if at all. This place, the River Road, has a very warm and inviting atmosphere. It encourages people to spend a few hours and relax. Just from where I'm sitting, there are tables full of laptops and text books and students / professors a plenty.

Ahh... Academia.

Feels like home.

More later.
-Tom

2 comments:

Barbara Fisher said...

Granville is a pretty little town--it was about five minutes east of Pataskala, where Zak and I used to live.

We nearly bought a house there--there were some really nice ones around at the time.

As it turned out we used to go there on Sundays for coffee and a walk in the spring, fall and early summer.

A very sweet little town.

Dugal said...

Hey, thanks for Stopping By River Road Coffeehouse. I work there and also put together the site for them. Stop by again when you can. ;)