Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Graphic Work

Ok, I've been working on this pilgrim logo for a while and I decided that the original version (here) was too empty. I wanted to put something in the background to give it a sense of scale and theme other than just a blank, black figure. So I began digging around for something that I could grab and alter to fit into the style of the image. Finally, this morning, I found some mountain clipart on a free clipart site that matched perfectly.

Pilgrim design v 2.0 with Mountain background
What I want to do now is to combine some urban elements to the image to give it a combination of both places where a Pilgrim might walk. I want to split the background down the center of the figure and have the city-scape on one side and the mountains on the other. Now I just have to figure out where to put the moon. I think that the moon would look better on the mountain side (the rural) and a star on the building (the urban) side. I'm going to have to decide what fits on each side once I find the nice, clean lines of the city element.


Bookplate v 1.0
The bookplate is something that I've been wanting to create for a while; something that I could use to mark my books. I wanted something that I could easily print out from my home office and use on everything from paperbacks and such. The image of the Hermit from the Rider-Waite that I've altered for my blog and such seemed a logical choice. It's a nice color of green too for the background.

4 comments:

Bryian said...

I'd change the mountain peak a little, it looks like he is wearing a cape.
Look! It's Super-Monk!
;)
-=Bryian=-

Emeleth said...

Super-Monk!? I thought your secret superhero identity was Preppyman. But I agree, off center the cape...er, hill just a bitsy. This could either be the Pilgrim card or a logo for some hikers' guild. Good eye... *heh*

*Em

Bryian said...

"secret superhero identity was Preppyman"?

It has never been a secret, took 6 months of living in the house before he even came downstairs with messed up hair...

The Caffeinated Avenger

Emeleth said...

Bryian, the secret is that there is no secret. *sshhh*

*Emeleth, Evil Fashion Genius