Monday, August 13, 2007

Mmmm is for morning

My current field book, Owl Cup, Cellphone and Bodum Coffee Press

Around 10 a.m.

In twelve days I will be thirty-five years old. In fifteen days, I will be back in the school year. When I woke up this morning, the first thought was: "I need coffee..." My sinuses decided to pretend that it was fall so I woke up half-strangled with nasal gick.

Yesterday was a day for cleaning and organizing the house as well as indulging in a wicked pleasure: World of Warcraft. I didn't think that I would get caught up in it as much as I did but I also realized that after yesterday, I needed to tackle more of my prep-work for classes. I have my syllabi done and the first chapters done, but I want to get ahead. I also need to start my Blackboard files so the students have something that they can download for reviews and such.

So, when I woke up this morning, I grabbed the new Coffee Press and my field book. It's a wonderful combination for the remainder of my "summer break".

Mmmm, French Vanilla.

-Tom


3 comments:

Emeleth said...

It does my heart good to know there's still someone out there who loves coffee and books as much as I do...although not necessarily in that order. ;)

*Em

D. Gilbert Trout said...

I love my French Press!

Combine it with fresh ground Ethiopian, Turbinado sugar and organic heavy whipping cream.

Add a book on the new market digital economics in the 21st Century, (Friedman's "The World is Flat", and Anderson's "The Long Tail",) my laptop, and my whiney cat, and you have my life of late ;-)

Tim said...

What server you play on? I'm on Akama. I have a BE Pally, and a Tauren Warrior. Rhapsodic and Tauronidas respectively