Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow again

Cookies this weekend (6) Dammit!

Chapters Done (2) Yeah!

Domestic Chores (2) Ugh.

Well, I woke up this morning around 8:30 and heard the cats warbling about something. I figured that they were either out of food or out of water. So I stumbled out of bed and staggered into the kitchen to feed the furry things.

When I got into the kitchen, the snow was visible on the hill but I thought, like most times, it was just a faint dusting and that was it. Once the cats were busily munching on food, I heard the scrape of a plastic shovel and the wish-wish of a broom. I had to investigate.

When I got outside, I saw that it wasn't just a faint dusting. This was at least an inch but no more. So people were out shoveling and sweeping their drives and such and the freezing rain was continuing to add to the mix. So after a brief conversation with the neighbor who was in the middle of his morning, manly duties, I got dressed and started to shovel.

Since I have class tomorrow, I want to make sure that I'm not going to have a problem getting down to campus. Getting the drive shoveled should prevent me getting snowed or iced in - I hope. Also, I don't really want a bunch of kids plagueing my door every hour wanting me to pay them to shovel it for me.

So, now - I'll be getting back to my work. I have a quiz to finish.

-T

No comments: