Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Last Night

Cookies: 6 (Hey, I'm due!), Tires: 1 (See below), Missed Movies: 1 (ugh), Friends who let you crash: (1 - Priceless)

I'm going to be posting more pictures from my weekend trip to Athens but I wanted to post something about last night's drama.

So there I was, deep in the heart of North-Eastern Kentucky and on my way towards Ashland. A friend and I were going to go see Apocalypto. The road was slick with rain and I was approaching an intersection. A silver Hummer, on my right, accelerated and I backed off a little. Suddenly, it swerved from its lane into mine so close that it nudged my car's front corner. It didn't really push me much but I had to swerve to get out of its way. It continued changing lanes to the left and took an exit.

As soon as the Hummer was out from in front of me, I saw a concrete berm that's in between the east and west-bound roads. The berm wasn't a huge thing, just about the size of a curb but it wasn't sloped so when I tried to veer away from it, my tire clipped the edge. BOOM!

The tire is blown and I hear it flapping. I pulled into the gas station at the intersection to check things out. Some guy who was behind me and saw what happened pulled in to see if I was ok. He didn't see the license plate of the Hummer (neither did I - other than it was from Kentucky). A State Patrol car pulled up within a few minutes to check things out. Since I had the other guy there, hey accepted my story about being 'cut-off'. He took my contact information and said that if they catch the guy and can prove that he 'nudged' me, that they will let me know.

So, I ended up crashing at a friend's place last night. We didn't get to go see the movie and I drove back to Portsmouth this morning on the doughnut. I could have hunted around Russel / Ashland for a place to get it done but I know the place in Portsmouth "Bob & Floyds" does good work.

So, I called Will and Chris this morning on the way in to advise them that Good Karma was heading their way since mine went to crap.

No comments: