Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Be Careful What You Ask For

4:00 p.m. Just back from the gym.

On my way over to the gym to work out I was stopped by some of the department faculty who are building spring term's schedule. They asked me what I wanted to get involved with and I told them that I was happy with Intro courses but if they had something else in mind to let me know. I figured that was the end of the conversation.

I was wrong.

The department is wanting to create a Criminology minor and to do so they're going to start offering a foundation course in Spring. I get to teach it.

My schedule for Spring term looks like this:

Every Tuesday and Thursday

10 - 11:20 Psych 1101
12 - 1:20 Soc 1101
2 - 3:20 Soc 2999 (Criminology)

The good news:

No Monday classes. I'm out by 3:30 and I don't have to be on campus until 9 a.m.

The bad news:

I will have to work out after classes and I will have no breaks in between any of them save to head back to my office for a quick change of books.

It'll be interesting.
-T

4 comments:

Emeleth said...

Criminology...At least they got the right guy to teach about Evil. ;)

Barbara Fisher said...

Criminology--how interesting.

I like that.

D. Gilbert Trout said...

Excerpt from Tom's first Criminology class...

"...and now, we're going to attempt a pedagogical model not usually used in criminology, but most often used in medicine.

Today we will attempt to approach criminology from the "Observe One, Do One, Teach One" model.

Todays lesson...breaking and entering. I have here a normal suction cup, and run of the mill glass cutter...Observe this plate glass window..."

;-)

-D

Emeleth said...

This class is going to need theme music. I'm thinking something in Mission Impossible meets Indiana Jones. ;)