Monday, January 14, 2008

Winter Break

With the return to campus for the start of Spring Term, I figured that I would recap what I've gained over the break.

  1. A Laptop
  2. A Roommate
  3. 10 Pounds (ugh, damn cookies!!!)
  4. Stress Fracture of the right foot and 3 sprained toes
  5. A realization that I might have some philosophical similarities with Buddhism. (Does the Book have a Buddha Nature?)
  6. An honest drive to post to my blog more often
  7. Four more Correspondo-philes (pen palls sounds like something you'd have with guys in prison or people in another country - like Conneticut)
  8. One less best friend (Nevermind? Nevermind?!? Blah.)
  9. A growing interest in the writings of H.P. Lovecraft (Say it with me now: E-pis-to-lary)
  10. Less of a twitch about saying the word "Vista".
  11. A bigger grocery bill
  12. A project to make a video storyboard for a space-colony movie. (I'll post it to 101 Tales if I can get the first part done)
  13. A lot of facts and figures about Criminology crawling through my head.
  14. More confused and somewhat jaded about the U.S. Criminal Justice System
  15. Sore muscles from not working out in three weeks.

I could keep going but I need to post some things to Blackboard for tomorrow's classes.

The flurries have all but completely obscured the view from my office window of the hills of Kentucky. I believe that we're supposed to have 30% chance of real snow between today and tomorrow.

AtQ

-T

2 comments:

Emeleth said...

*cackle* I'm still laughing over that COnnecticut as another country. *snicker*

Bryian said...

"(Does the Book have a Buddha Nature?)"

Ah, now here is one I can address!

No, for it is an object without cogent spirit and without that life essence it cannot have a nature that allows rebirth. As such, it is stopped forever in its present form, doomed to suffer. The inference we place on the object as to having an existent spirit is nothing more then our minds attempting to hold on to a transient object that is in its present form something that cannot last. As such, it becomes an extension of our own attempt to hold onto things as they are causing them and our selves to suffer. Through this desire for perceived static stability we cause pain and from that grows our own inability to gain enlightenment thus forcing us into the constant cycle of rebirth.

See, now you understand why I keep telling you to put the book down and walk away Bud! ;)