Thursday, January 24, 2008

Light 'n Fluffy

The forecast for today's weather was that we would have "light and fluffly" snow with little to no accumulation. This has not, however, stopped 23 of my students to email me to say that they will not be in class this morning.
The picture you see here is what I saw as I walked onto campus this morning around 9 a.m. The ground isn't really covered and there's only a bare dusting of anything out there. However, it must be enough to drive people back into their homes and huddle for their own health because other professors have already gotten the same notification.
Snow (flurries to blizzard) + 10 o'clock class = no students.
It's supposed to warm up today and all melt off by this evening, with a high of 33, but it's then going to drop into the 9-11 degree range some time tonight. Brr.
Even now, I can see the big ball of pain in the sky trying to burn its way through the snow clouds and it's only barely slowing their assault. The hills of Kentucky are all but obscured by the flurry of 'light 'n fluffiness'.
PROJECT UPDATE:
I have the second episode of "Prometheus" on my laptop. I need to get some more footage (that I am downloading) and then I'll be able to post it. Go me.
-T

No comments: