Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow Fall

Today marks the first day of Snow Fall, the first real snow of the year.

The calls began early this morning as everyone called to tell me of the white death that fell from the sky. The roads were slushly and the ground had a bit of a covering but nothing that would affect any kind of city-wide problems.

However, every school shut down because it was still coming down rather heavily early this morning.

It's now around noon and the snow continues to fall but the roads are clear and everywhere there is concrete or asphalt the snow has melted. It's almost as though the shell of an egg had developed cracks or faults within the frosty white surface.

I'm headed down to campus soon to see if I can get some pictures down there. Class will not be canceled tonight but I have a feeling that no one will show. With a single snow flake in the air most of southern Kentucky shuts down.

So, there should be more of a blog later once I get to the office.

-Tom

1 comment:

Emeleth said...

Congrats on your first snowfall of the season. *heehee* We're due for snow #4 tomorrow afternoon. But thus far we've not really had too much accumulate. My friends in the DC area told me they got about 6 inches of the white stuff in the past day or so. *sigh* But hey, I like snow. ;)