Monday, December 31, 2007

Lack of a Living Room

... Well, actually it's a 'front room', a salon or Parlor.

Mountain Dews: 2
Mountain Dew: Code Red 1 (v. long day)
Massive Quantities of Supah Chinese Buffet 1 (ugh, I have Buddha Belly)
Trips back and forth to Ashland 3 (it was a lot of small trips in a tiny pick-up)

Almost the new year and I spent almost all day today hauling furniture down from Ashland in small, pick-up sized loads. My front room is full of stuff and there's barely a path through the huge lawn bags full of clothes and stuff. It'll take a few days to get through all of the stuff and get some sense of order but I'll get it taken care of soon.

For those who might actually care, I've got a new roommate for a while. A friend of mine is going back to school and needed a place to stay for a while - probably just for the term. I have a guest room that's not being used and he was in need. So, voila.

The Lime Green Leisure House is no more, but my place is always a haven for wayward travelers. I'm glad that I can offer my friends a place to stay as the need arises. I've offered people three-nights sanctuary from time to time. Friends from Huntington, Columbus, Parts-Unknown in Kentucky, etc.

"If I have it to give, then I must."

Sometimes I don't have much to offer but what I have is there for those who need it.

The last go-round was a few weekends rest for a friend who needed to talk, before that was a summer escape for a friend who needed to escape, and then before that was a few years of weekends for a friend who needed to game. It's not exactly Rivendel but hopefully it's been a place where people can come and relax and get their feet back underneath themselves once more.

Ok, it's late and I've been hauling furniture all day.

Talk to ya later.

No comments: