Friday, March 9, 2007

More Gear

Speaking of gear...
The last post about my field bag got me thinking about one of the "bad places" I go to on the internet. I consider ThinkGeek.com a "bad place" in much the same way I consider Amazon.com and John Neal bad.

I could spend way too much money there if I had it to spend.

From:
www.ThinkGeek.Com


Don't go adventuring without it.
The ToolLogic Firesteel Knife features a razor sharp blade and emergency signal whistle plus a premium magnesium alloy fire starter. The Swedish made Firesteel combined with a special notch on the blade delivers an intense shower of sparks at nearly 3000ยบ. It will even spark when wet! At just 2.7 oz it's perfect for a wide range of uses and it deserves a place in your backpack or emergency survival kit.
Price:
$29.99 Link


Brilliant Thinking, Brilliant Flashlight

While other LED flashlights are little more than LED technology force-fit into conventional products, the X5 is the result of an unrestricted flow of innovative engineering. Nothing is compromised or superfluous. Every choice- in optics, electronics, materials, thermal and power management, durability and usability- has been driven by performance criteria. Here lies the reason behind X5's unique visual statement.
Price:
$39.99 Link

Also,

Since I'm a book-person, (can someone come out of the book-closet?) I have explored many options to face my addiction and come across a cheap supply of good, small, sketch books.

LEATHER ETC. Permanent Bound Sketch Book

These permanent bound, hardcover sketch books contain 160 pages of 80 lb., acid free neutral pH, bright white paper. Each book also features a pencil loop sewn onto the inside edge of the back cover.

Leather Etc. Permanent Bound Sketch Books are available with black or red covers. Red bound books come with a black contrast loop that also acts as an elastic closure.

Price: $3.14 Link


No comments: