Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Kerblechistani Karma

8:50 a.m.
Well, the car's in the shop and I'm on campus printing out a test with half-numb fingers. Friday afternoon, after hearing that I've been confirmed to teach three classes next quarter (I'm still trying to confirm the possibility of an office), my car started to act up. The battery light came on and the power-steering went out. My first thought was that the serpentine belt had finally gave up and broke. When I got the car home and checked it, I saw that the belt was still there just very very loose. By this time, none of the garages were open so I couldn't take it down to get it fixed.

Saturday they weren't open for some reason so I had to drop it off today and hope for the best. Everyone I know, in the area, is going to be out of the area today so there's no ride home if they can't fix it quickly. So I gave Jim a call and he's going to give me a ride home at least. I'll figure out a way to get back down to the garage tomorrow if I have to.

Ahh, feeling is returning to my fingers. Once I get the Psych test copied I'm heading over to the department office to staple them together and get the materials ready. I love test days. I really don't have anything to do but make the copies and check my email a few times to make sure I don't have any stragglers for make-ups. I think I have one, so far, for a doctor's appointment.

9:25 a.m.
The test's copied and I've found out that I DO get an office next quarter; room 124. I'll be sharing it with two other people but one is not teaching next quarter and the other doesn't teach until the late evenings; around 6 p.m. I believe. So Sandi's going to send in a key request as soon as possible and I'll pick up my key before the end of the quarter.

Boo-yah!

2:07 p.m.
Well, the test has been handed out for Soc and everyone's working on their test and essay. I've gotten no word from the garage yet; I called around noon but they were all out to lunch. I'll try again once everyone's done with the test. Hopefully it won' t be too expensive. I hope they don't have to order some part from Kerblechistan to fix it either.

Only three more classes left until finals. The students are nervous and eager to finally apply some effort towards their clases now. The smell of fear and dread has begin to sink in to the campus now that finals week is only a short bit away.

1 comment:

Bryian said...

Sounds like it could be the idler arm more than a belt.