Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hammies and the curse of the sadistic bastard


Guess what I discovered?

I found out that I have hamstrings once more.

Hamstrings are the muscles on the back of your thighs. I haven't really used such muscles in quite a while. However, my "Sadistic Bastard" of a weight-trainer (aka. Will) has had me doing some pretty messed up things in the gym of late.

After Wednesday's workout my legs were tight but nothing more than that. I stretched out and all that and thought that they would be fine. The next day, while I was giving my Criminology students their first exam, I could feel those hamstrings start to tighten. It's not like I could start stretching out my muscles as people were writing out their essays so I took it in stride.

Then, later at home, I realized that they were more than just a "little" tight. They were starting to really make their voices known. By Friday morning I was half-crippled every time I tried to bend over or take a long stride while walking.

Today, after a soak in the hot tub yesterday, my legs are less of a chorus and more of a whisper. I can still feel them but they're not crippling me.

Sadistic Bastard!

1 comment:

Emeleth said...

You know Will is cackling like a goblin with a new toy over this, right?

WHat I want to know is why do all these anatomy lessons about your injuries have something to do with you arse? I see a pattern here...