Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Journal of Impossible Things

So Dan told me about this 'Journal Project' from one of the recent Doctor Who episodes.

So immediately I launched myself into finding information on the journal mentioned in the episode. The contents of the "Journal of Impossible things" were memories from the Doctor; all painted or sketched with ink washes and covered with his own writings.

The style of the journal's binding was difficult to see, but I think it's a soft-covered, leather-bound journal about the size of an 8.5 x 5.5 or a little bigger.

Now one wonders who in the Doctor Who production company did this journal or commissioned it to be created.

And one also wonders where this prop is now.

And one wonders if my agents are close enough.

Maybe someday I'll learn how to paint that well to make such images in my journals.

I'm getting there - slowly.


-T

5 comments:

D. Gilbert Trout said...

Track down the book, and there will be a hefty reward.

I have Cousin Maelchisidek working on it now as well, (while tracking down the Rivera Manuscript.)

Seriously, I've been scanning the prop forums looking for a post from Magnoli saying, "I'm on it!"

The episode, Human Nature, is based directly on a Doctor Who novel (written ALSO by Paul Cornell back in the 90's.) That book is one of my favorites in the entire series, and the episode is turning into that as well.

I want the watch too. If you look at the cover of it, there's a beautiful pattern etched into the metal. Looked like Gallifreyan script.

June said...

If you look at tonight's episode, "The Family of Blood," they give a REALLY good look at the journal's exterior, Thomas. It looks like a standard 8.5 by 5.5, softbound leather cover, with a leather strip (maybe three quarters of an inch wide?) as a tie to close the thing.

June said...

If you look at tonight's episode, "The Family of Blood," you can get a really good look at the journal's exterior. It looks like a standard size 8.5 by 5.5, with a soft bound leather cover, and a strip of leather looped around as a tie.

Tim said...

Forgive the interruption your sneakiness, but I have to report that the Time Lord is proving most difficult to track down. Seems every time we try something, he goes and involves himself, and that wonderful Tardis won't bring him back, so we keep having to wait, and track him down elsewhere.

Seems we might have some luck with our contacts in Torchwood though.

Brother Thomas said...

New Info:

http://pics.livejournal.com/butterfly/gallery/00001acs

and

http://butterfly.livejournal.com/1152754.html