Monday, January 12, 2009

Classes

Well, it's that time again.

Classes are starting.

Today I'm in my office and it's a few minutes before my first course of the term; Sociology 1101.

There's not much to do in an intro course on the first day but I like to basically discuss how I run my class. It's easier to lay out the ground rules for how things work right off from the start so that if the students don't like it they can find another class.

In three years of teaching, I haven't had a student complain or argue any point for the first lecture but I've had several plead that they "forgot" when it comes time to make up a test or the like.

Oh well, after my one and only class today I'm hitting the gym to get back into some sense of a workout schedule.

It's too easy to be lazy when it's cold.

Ugh.

See ya later.

-Tom

1 comment:

I Distracted You said...

I don't do gym workouts I prefer to jog when its warmer or use enviromental structures for cardio. (IE; Monkey bars at a playground for pull-up bars) Of course I live