Monday, November 3, 2008

Athens Halloween 08


Once more, the streets of Athens, Ohio were filled with the rowdy masses of the "Tweenty" Crowd (Eighteen through twenty) for the annual Halloween festival. The main street in Athens, Court St., was shut down and upwards of ten-thousand people walked from end to end drinking and carrying on in all manners of costumes.

My friend Dan and I walked down so that I could get some pictures (because everything is just fodder for the Blog) and it was nice to know that we had grown out of such things.

At one time it was fun to go up and make the laps around the 'party', but once you've done it a few times it becomes somewhat boring; especially if you're not someone who drinks alcohol.

There were scantily-clad guys and gals as far as the eyes could see. I tried to get some pictures of the throng of people, but my camera doesn't like taking pictures at night. There was also the problem that court street has a large hill in the middle of it; separating it off into North and South Court respectively. These shots are taken from the end of North Court looking back onto the street. Campus is at the foot of South Court with the Court House in the center.

To my knowledge nothing bad happened at the party. There are always going to be people who get arrested at the Party but I don't believe that there were any serious offenses.

It really made me miss my adopted "Home Town".

-T

No comments: