Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Note

I've tried to write up a blog entry about some news I got last week but each time I do it just spirals into something I'd never post.

This past Thursday night, I got a call from the brother of an old friend of mine, Scott. Scott, who I had met my first year at OU, was killed in Iraq last week. His brother, Henry, called me to let me know that the wedding was cancelled. I didn't know about the wedding, but I hadn't heard from Scott in a few months. The news hit me... a lot more powerfully than I had ever anticipated.

After phone calls from friends trying to find more information about what happened (I still don't have the details) which tore me up each time I had to talk about it, I started to crumble a bit more. I wanted to be left alone.

It's been a long weekend and I'm still not over it but there's not much I can do about it now.

All I can say in this blog is:

I miss ya Scott.

-Tom

No comments: